Treat the Whole Person
“I help patients choose nutrients and supplements that will improve their quality of life, reduce side effects and enhance their conventional treatment. I work alongside oncologists to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients.”
~Lynn Troy, ND
Naturopathic Oncology is the application of the art and science of naturopathic medicine to the field of cancer care and treatment. Watching multiple friends battle cancer and cope with cancer treatments, Dr. Troy became passionate about supporting cancer patients with natural medicine. She has extensive experience in the cancer field, which she gained working alongside oncologists at Northwest Oncology and Hematology. Cancer continues to be the main focus of her practice.
Naturopaths can offer patients safe and effective integrative cancer care including:
- Nutritional support during and after cancer therapies. A goal being to keep patients healthy enough to complete their course of care as prescribed by their oncologist.
- Expertise about drug/herb and drug/supplement interactions.
- Herbal medicine and nutritional supplements to decrease the side effects of cancer therapies. This support helps maintain energy, well-being and quality of life.
- Long term cancer prevention strategies, including weight loss and lifestyle.
- Access to professional quality supplements, such as high-potency probiotics.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of current research and natural supportive care for cancer.
Her interest in cancer extends to her wellness and general practice visits, which are an opportunity to discuss minimizing cancer risk. She takes time to develop an individualized cancer prevention plan for her patients, based on an individual’s risk factors and family history.